Organ donor Michael Janasik Memorial Walk-a-thon July 16 | Events
In 2009, a young man from Milwaukee died in a tragic, car accident. He was 18-year-old Michael Janasik.
Janasik was a caring and giving person who thought about others. When he received his drivers license he made an important decision that has impacted several lives long after his passing. He signed the back of his drivers license and made his family aware of his intentions to become an organ donor.
Karen Behl, Janasik's mother said,“Michael donated his heart, lungs, liver, pancreas and kidneys. All of the people that received his organs are blessed to have a part of Michael. He would have loved to know he helped others. I am proud of him.”
A memorial walk-a-thon wil be held Saturday, July 16 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. This event is open to the public. For more information, contact BloodCenter of Wisconsin at 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit www.BCW.edu
Upcoming Events near South Shore
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- BOOTED: Mall security ends protest over bus stop
- BUSTED: Man arrested for road rage, charged with 9th OWI
- Franklin rejects plan to repay millions borrowed for proposed baseball stadium
- Man arrested for carrying handgun into Whitnall M.S.
- Police arrest man accused of carrying gun into Whitnall Middle School
- Accused of “sexting” 14-year-old girl, Michael Gawlitta will stand trial
- Scammers use identity theft to steal IRS tax refunds
- Crews on scene of fire at old Briggs & Stratton facility in West Allis
- Household hazardous waste collection held in West Allis
- Fire breaks out on same block where fire killed three children last year