Organ donor Michael Janasik Memorial Walk-a-thon July 16 | Events
In 2009, a young man from Milwaukee died in a tragic, car accident. He was 18-year-old Michael Janasik.
Janasik was a caring and giving person who thought about others. When he received his drivers license he made an important decision that has impacted several lives long after his passing. He signed the back of his drivers license and made his family aware of his intentions to become an organ donor.
Karen Behl, Janasik's mother said,“Michael donated his heart, lungs, liver, pancreas and kidneys. All of the people that received his organs are blessed to have a part of Michael. He would have loved to know he helped others. I am proud of him.”
A memorial walk-a-thon wil be held Saturday, July 16 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. This event is open to the public. For more information, contact BloodCenter of Wisconsin at 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit www.BCW.edu
Top South Shore Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mom recognizes graffiti, turns in son as suspected vandal
- "Mike the Knight" and his friends will perform at Southridge Mall June 9th
- Forest Park M.S. sponsors Make-A-Wish Foundation wish for Greenfield child
- Greendale High School Junior achieves top ACT score
- Greendale High junior achieves top ACT score